Welcome to the faculty of education; the faculty was established in 2012 and has committed itself to designing, develop and enhance a variety of academic programmes and activities in the area of teacher education that attract local and international participants. The general objective of the faculty is to produce competent teachers with appropriate and adequate knowledge, skills, passion and proficiency, globally competitive, worthy in learning and character and capable of meeting and overcoming challenges of a dynamic world.
The faculty has highly qualified and competent national and international world class scholars in different areas of specializations spread across four academic departments, who engage students into teaching, practice, research and community services.
As a learner therefore, I am confident that the faculty of education will help you to become one of the most qualified and competent person with a great repute in the society.
To produce teachers who are worthy in professional practice, character, committed and self reliant for the Primary, secondary and tertiary levels of learning.
The objectives of this programme are:
- To educate, train and mentor teachers who are passionately committed to providing teaching to the population.
- To equip student with modern teaching and research skills
- To produce competent teachers with the appropriate and adequate, knowledge, skills, passion and proficiency to meet the challenges of teaching in the 21st Century.
- To produce teachers who have a strong knowledge of subject matter and effective methods of delivery in their respect fields of specialization.
- To pass out teachers who are highly competitive in the education labour market.
This programme is generally intended for those who qualify for university admission and in-service teachers who may wish to upgrade. It is particularly suitable for:
- Candidates directly coming from secondary schools (Those who completed advanced level with CGPA of 4.o and above)
- In-service teachers who lack the requisite teaching qualifications
- Professionals working in education related organizations
- Those inspired to become experts in teaching
|6. BACHELOR OF ARTS WITH EDUCATION|
|1||Dr. JOHN ALEX SOKA||TANZANIAN||SENIOR LECTURER||PhD Edn, MA Edn, BA Edn|
|2||PROF MARTIN O’RIELLY||IRISH||PROFESSOR||PhD Edn, MA Edn, BA Edn|
|3||FESTO C. HAULE||TANZANIAN||LECTURER||MASTERS OF ARTS (KISWAHILI & LINGUISTIC) & BAC ARTS|
|4||YOENI SILAS KHANIKI||TANZANIAN||LECTURER||M.A IN ECONOMICS & B.A WITH EDUCATION (ECO & GEOG)|
|5||ABDULMALICK FERUZI||TANZANIAN||LECTURER||M.A KISWAHILI & B.A OF SOCIAL SCIENCES COMBINED|
|6||MUHAMUD M. KIHIRO||TANZANIAN||ASSISTANT LECTURER||M.A, B.A WITH EDUCATION & DIP. PUBLIC RELATION & ADM|
|7||KANUWA JUMA MABASA||TANZANIAN||LECTURER||M.A (HISTORY), B.A.ED & DIPL. EDUCATION|
|8||DR. THADEI THADEI MWEREKE||TANZANIAN||SENIOR LECTURER||Ph.D, M.A IN PHILOSOPHY & BA. OF PHILOSOPHY|
|9||SHARIFF A. TARIMO||TANZANIAN||LECTURER||MA. ECONOMIC POLICY & PLANNING, & BA. WITH ECONOMICS|
|10||DR. GEBHARD B. LUILO||TANZANIAN||SENIOR LECTURER||Ph.D IN CHEMISTRY, MA. IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE & BA. OF EDU (CH&B)|
|11||ELIZABETH R. NKAINA||TANZANIAN||ASSISTANT LECTURER||M.A RURAL DEVELOPMENT & BA. OF EDUCATION|
|12||MASALAKULANGWA P. MABULA||TANZANIAN||LECTURER||M.A IN RLMA, M.A , B.A OF DIVINITY & DIP|
|13||VIVA S. OGADA||TANZANIAN||LECTURER||M.Sc. IN HRM & B.A with EDUCATION|
|14||TWISA .J. MWATONOKA||TANZANIAN||TEACHING ASSISTANT||BA EDUCATION|
|15||GEOFREY A MSHANA||TANZANIAN||TEACHING ASSISTANT||BA EDUCATION IN PSYCHOLOGY|
|16||DR. GANATUSANGA HAROON||UGANDAN||SENIOR LECTURER||Ph.D EDUCATION, M.A EDUCATION & B.A EDUCATION|
|17||DR. KAMYA EDWARD||UGANDAN||SENIOR LECTURER||Ph.D, MA. IN MGT & ADMN & BA. WITH EDUCATION|
The faculty is currently running the following programmes:
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAE)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education