Many studies have shown that students who participate in sports do better academically, Thus, Latin proverb Mens sana in corpora sano – A Healthy (sound) mind in a Healthy body. This coupled with other sports benefit; makes Kampala International University-DSM Constituent College cherish sports very much. Just like the mother university in Kampala, KIU-DSM College is striving hard to make sure sports are put in place as soon as possible.
The D/Director Students Services section deals with the following key services
- Coordinating Sports activities
- Monitoring Sports store for sports equipments
- Allocation for training grounds (Pitches)
- Consideration annual Inter-University Competition ( Need for registration fee)
- Freshers’ Welcoming Bonnaza: Comprising teams from Staff, Continueing students and New students.
- Organising Inter-Departments Sports Competition: Each department makes a team for Soccer, volleyball, Netball, Basketball and Athletics.
- Organizing friendly matches. Within and outside Dares Salaam region.
- Participate in the Annual Inter-University Competitions.
- Represent the university into Annual general sports meeting at the National level
Be Part of the Action
While its offering an international academic level, KIU-DSM plans to offer opportunity to students who are talented and offer them academic sports scholarships.
Maybe you mean: 'slider3' or 'news-gallery-post-based4'