KAMPALA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY SIGNS AN MOU WITH SHARDA UNIVERSITY
In the spirit of academic expansion through internationalization, Kampala International University (KIU), Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania has entered a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on academic cooperation with Sharda University (SU), Delhi NCR, India. The MoU took effect from April, 2017 and will last for five years.
The MoU which signifies a statement of intent to collaborate is geared towards developing academic and educational cooperation and to promote mutual understanding between both institutions.
Both academic institutions have agreed to develop collaborative activities in the academic areas of mutual interest, on the basis of equality and reciprocity, with the following in view:
- Exchange of Faculty and administrative staff.
- Exchange of Scholars, graduate and undergraduate students.
- Short term customized courses visit by students on credit transfer/study abroad programme basis.
- Conducting collaborative research projects.
- Conducting lectures and organizing symposia.
- Exchange of academic information and materials.
- Promoting collaboration in fields of mutual interest.
- Promoting other academic cooperation as mutually agreed.
Through this collaboration, interested students from either of the institutions who enroll in the exchange programme, can study in both universities by spending half-time of their entire year of study in one of the universities and complete the remaining half from the other university. As a result, the university where the student completes the second half-time of study will be the institution of graduation.