KIUT INNOVATION CLUB TO ORGANIZE ‘BEST OUT OF WASTE’ COMPETITION, 2017
The Innovation Club of Kampala International University in Tanzania (KIUT) is organizing a creative competition for students and staff of the KIUT community, at the beginning of the 2017/2018 academic year. The competition, which is tagged: ‘Best out of waste’ (BOOW), is geared towards encouraging innovation and creativity amongst students and staff, while sustaining the environment from waste pollution.
KIUT Innovation club is focused on searching and discovering the hidden talents and intellect in students and staff. It therefore seeks to provide an opportunity or platform for such serious thinkers to give shape to their ideas, as there could be a lot of hidden and untapped talents in students and staff, which need to be explored through motivation.
In this regard, the club matron cum event coordinator, Mrs. Ragini Deshpande has come up with the eligibility criteria and some specific guidelines for the competition. It states as follows:
- Candidate has to be a KIUT student / staff.
- Participant may be a single individual / group of 3-5. Maximum 5 students can be in a group.
- Registration Fee: 5,000/ person.
- Time Duration: 3 hours.
- Event Date: In the beginning of the next semester in Oct. – Nov., 2017.
Specific rules applicable to BOOW Competition
- Only Waste material such as paper, wire, nails, bottles, cloth pieces, plastic items, plastic sheets, card boards, plastic pipes, syringes, beads, electrical items etc., can be used for the purpose of this competition.
- Other than waste material, glue, fevicol other adhesives, pins & colors can be used to enhance and give finishing to the art work.
- All the required material has to be brought by the participants themselves, nothing will be supplied by the institute for the same.
- Participants will exhibit their creation in the exhibition hall. Exhibition will be opened for the visitors and judges.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any art work if the major material used is not waste material.
- Participants are not allowed to bring any structure partly or fully-made, all the art works are required to be prepared only during the allotted time.
- A panel of judges will judge the performances and decide who the winner is.
- In case of any dispute, decision of the organizers of the event shall be final and conclusive.
The coordinator therefore appeal to all students and staff to inform and encourage their friends and loved ones in the KIUT community to participate in this innovative competition, as participation in large numbers, will make the competition a remarkable one, and in the end, it will also be a great encouragement for the club, and the institution at large.
- Below is a sample of the registration form, for interested students and staff.
Registration Form for ‘BOOW’ COMPETITION
|Sr. No.||Name of Participant / s||Title of the Innovative concept||Name of Group||Registration number||Program / semester|
Venue and other necessary information for the ‘BOOW’ competition will be announced at appropriate time, well in advance.
For more information on the competition, contact the event coordinator, Mrs. Deshpande Ragini on:
- Contact number: +255689 506 198
- Contact e-mail: [email protected]