Welcome to the Student Affairs Directorate
We are a diverse group of staff at KIU dedicated to ensuring the health, wellness and safety of the students at Kampala International University, DSM. The Student Affairs Directorate has a wide arrange of service to assist you are your time at KIU and we are excited about the opportunity to get to know all students. Do not hesitate to come and meet us for any problem or concern that may arise. We want to hear your ideas, interests and support you at your time here.
Karibu Sana KIU
Mission and Vision:
The mission of the Student Affairs Directorate is to create and support a learning and social community at KIU in which students are supported, respected and given the opportunity to grow as people both inside and outside the classroom. We aim to create a campus community in which students are provided assistance on mental health related issues, as well as are given the opportunity to explore interests through clubs and association
- Create a supportive, inclusive and safe community for all university students KIU-DSM
- Develop effective individual and group counseling sessions as well as career support services for students
- Support the Student Guild and other student clubs and associations on campus
- Maintain an update monitoring and evaluation system for student services at KIU
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT ACCOMMODATION PLEASE CLICK HERE
We are open from 8:30AM to 5PM at both the Student Service Center and the Counseling Office. You are most welcome
Get to Know Student Affairs!
STUDENTS ACTIVITIES FROM STUDENTS AFFAIR
Gender Day Seminar for KIU students. Organized by Guild in conjunction with the Students Affair office. The event was facilitated by 4 facilitators where 2 were from External Institutions which include: Tanzania Gender Networking Program, and Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy, while the internal facilitators were the Mr. Jovin and Madam Judith.
The event took place from 9:30 am to 12 pm, with different presentations from the facilitators and 2 students who are the members of KIU member club.
St. Johns University and KIU entrepreneurship training for KIU students. Took place on 27th January 2017 at the KIU main hall from 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
Topics covered were:
• Entrepreneurship overview and identification of business opportunities
- Skills on earning and managing capital
- Techniques for customer acquisition and retention in business
- How to overcome the failure of small business
KIU students friendly match. Took place on Friday 27th January 2017.
Also Friday 27th January 2017, guild organised the pens down party for all KIU students. Where by also the concert featured a group of two Tanzanian popular artists, Navykenzo.
Elma Frank, Deputy Dean of Student Gofrey Mshana, Head Counselor Elias Mbogo, Administrator
Salim Nguba, Event Coordinator