To become a premier institution of international repute that prepares students for the world and an inclusive society.
To respond to societal and educational needs by designing and delivering education guided principles and values of respect for society, economy and to provide and develop a supportive research environment in which scholars at every stage of their career can flourish.
Objectives of the University
The long-term objectives, of KIUD are:
- To produce highly skilled and competent graduates capable of making independent and wise decisions which will enable them to become respected members of society and contribute to their professions, the nation and the global community.
- To become a premier International University in the Great Lakes Region, and beyond, providing needs-based, market-driven quality academic programmes.
- To supplement government’s effort in the stimulation of higher education by providing university education to a larger section of society.
- To provide professional development and continued learning for practicing professionals.
- To undertake research projects in various fields that contributes to political, economic, social and technological development of society.
- To undertake partnerships with other institutions to enhance mutually beneficial objectives.
- To recruit experienced well-trained academic and administrative staff with ability to sustain an intellectually challenging learning environment that prepares and equips students with skills for continued development.
The Core Values of the University
The Core values of the University shall include the following;
- Excellence: Through teaching and research, individually and corporately, to continuously raise standards for excellence, and deliver services beyond expectations.
- Team work: Foster and nurture the value of team work and sense of belonging, while at the same time have a passionate commitment to a shared vision so as to fulfil the objectives of KIUD.
- Internationality: Pursue international curriculum content, a globally relevant learning and employability culture befitting the international community of students and staff drawn from various countries.
- Integrity: Embrace integrity, and nurture the culture of professionalism, honesty and fairness both in the official and private arena
- Principles of equal opportunity employment: KIUD is an equal opportunity employer. Equity and transparency are the principles that guide the relationship between the University and its staff. To that end, the University does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in any manner that violates the law that is with regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual, orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under state law. Each person is evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit.